At Air Partner, our dedicated Travel team are delighted to be celebrating 20 years of organising flights for groups travelling on scheduled airlines. No matter the size of the group, the destination or the reason for travel, we can assist in providing seamless flight solutions from start to finish. To mark our 20th anniversary of our Travel team, discover our 20 interesting facts of how we’ve been assisting our clients over the last two decades.
1. The largest group booking the team have organised to date was for 2,000 passengers. However, we're experienced in arranging flights for groups of all different sizes.
2. The most unusual destination the team have organised flights to was Easter Island
3. Closely followed on the unusual destination list, they have also organised flights to Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia) and Calama (Chile). The team are well versed in organising scheduled flights to destinations all around the world.
4. The top three airlines the team organise group flights on are British Airways, Virgin Atlantic and Lufthansa. However, we work with over 40 airlines and these close relationships allows us to provide choice and flexibility for groups
5. Most popular short-haul destination for MICE groups is Reykjavik, Iceland. With a high-tech infrastructure, frequent flights from across Europe and a range of facilities, Reykjavik is well-placed for hosting events for groups of all sizes.
6. The most popular long-haul destination for MICE groups over recent years is South Africa. Cape Town in particular is a favourite for MICE groups, boasting a range of unique venues for all types of events.
7. The team work really closely with a number of Tour Operator clients, organising their group flights. The most popular short-haul destination over the past few years is Rome
8. And the most popular long-haul destination for Tour Operator clients is New York
9. The most unusual request the team can recall was for a group to all be sat in even seat numbers. As part of our service, we offer a dedicated Account Manager to take care of all requests from seating to meals
10. Last year, the team issued over 13,900 tickets......
11. ....which equated to over 420 groups.....
12. ....travelling on over 30 different airlines
13. The most popular departure airport for groups flying from the United Kingdom is Heathrow airport, however the team can organise flights departing from anywhere in the world
14. Between the members of the Travel team they have over 71 years of experience in travel
15. The team have a passion for travel themselves. Louise, one of our Senior Travel Consultants, once visited five continents in five days.
16. We're proud to be the chosen supplier to manage the flights for IMEX's Hosted Buyer programme for the past eight years.
17. We're available for our clients 24/7 to assist with any last-minute bookings or amendments. The team are supported by Air Partner's dedicated customer operations team who monitor all flights round the clock, and are on-hand to assist with any unforeseen issues
18. And if you need a representative to assist with your group at any of the major UK airports, the team can be on-hand to help
19. Air Partner can assist in integrating scheduled flights with group charter. This can be particularly useful if you have delegates travelling from multiple departure points. Think of us as your one-stop-shop for flights. A recent example was where we assisted with a client's flights for an incentive. Our Travel team organised scheduled flights from London to Johannesburg and then our group charter team organised a charter flight onto Kruger.
20. Our Travel team are currently running an incentive for new clients – receive £100 off your first booking for groups of 20 passengers or more when you book by 31st December 2019. Terms and conditions apply. Simply speak to one of the team to find out more.
No matter the size of your group, or where you're looking to fly to, our Travel team can assist with booking scheduled flights. You'll receive the services of a dedicated Account Manager who will take care of all of the details, making booking your flights a seamless experience. If you'd like more information or a quote for group scheduled flights, our Travel team will be delighted to assist.