Clockwork Research is a leading fatigue risk management consultancy who delivers innovative and effective fatigue risk management solutions for clients across various sectors of the aviation industry, as well as other safety-critical operating environments, such as the Oil & Gas and Mining sectors. The team comprises a core group of experienced professionals (psychologists, physiologists and safety professionals) based in London, who are supported by experts in the USA, Europe, Middle East and Australia. Clockwork Research was acquired by the Air Partner group in December 2016 and sits within its Consulting and Training division alongside Baines Simmons.
The role of the Senior Researcher is to undertake and provide support for fatigue risk management research projects in safety critical industries. Activities will include planning, data collection and analysis as well as report writing.
The Senior Researcher reports to the Director of Research for Clockwork Research.
General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Data collection using a variety of research techniques, both qualitative and quantitative depending upon the project. These could include actigraphy, diaries, interviews and survey software.
- Roster analysis using computer software.
- Data analysis using computer-based statistical software (eg SPSS, R, Excel).
- Reporting writing: creating tables, charts, building reports based on data analysis.
- Planning and organising project logistics.
- Literature reviews.
- Contributing to project development and client relationship activities.
- Developing relevant knowledge and skills through supported self-managed learning.
- Representing Clockwork Research at conferences and industry meetings.
- Working overseas with clients.
- Some extended time out of the office.
- Working on own where necessary.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Educated to degree standard.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Postgraduate qualification in a subject related to human factors, sleep, physiology, safety management or psychology.
- Experience of undertaking research projects, gained in an academic, operational or consulting capacity.
- Proven ability to perform statistical analyses using standard social sciences statistical packages.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills; capable of writing and presenting technical reports.
- Reliable, flexible and positive.
- Attention to detail and accurate high quality output.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time/workload effectively.
- Keen for new experience and responsibility.
- Able to work on own and as part of a small team.
What We Offer
- Competitive basic salary
- An excellent variety of employee benefits and a generous holiday entitlement
- Opportunity for global travel
- Key training, mentoring and ongoing support & development
If you are looking for a new challenge with an exciting, fast moving, successful company, please send your CV to email@example.com
Borough, London, UK